Math 300: Fundamental Concepts of Mathematics
Section 3, Spring 2019
- George Avrunin
- LGRT 1335D
- Office hours:
- Mondays, 3-4; Wednesdays 2:30-3:30, Fridays 10:30-11:30, and by appointment. You're also always welcome to look for me in my office; if I'm there and not busy, I'll be happy to talk to you and if I am busy, we can make an appointment for another time. (Note that I will probably need to make occasional changes in my office hour schedule during the semester. I will announce any such changes here and in class.)
- Class meetings:
- TuTh 11:30-12:45, LGRT 206.
- Required textbook:
- Ted Sundstrom, Mathematical Reasoning: Writing and Proof. Available for free download at this site.
- Artem Vysogorets, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discussion sections:
- The (required) discussions meet Wednesdays in LGRT 1114. You can find the time of your discussion section on Spire. Artem's office hours are Wednesdays 11-12 and Thursdays 10-11 in LGRT 1023.
- February 10: I have to cancel my office hour tomorrow (Monday, February 11). I will probably be in my office much of the time from 11:00-1:00 if you need to talk to me tomorrow. Also, some notes on proof strategies are available here. This is intended to supplement the discussion in Section 3.6 in the textbook.
- February 6: Solutions for the first problem set are available from the Assignments page.
- January 31: I have set regular office hours; see above. Also, Artem's office hour for next Wednesday, February 6, is rescheduled to Friday, February 8, 2:30-3:30.
- January 22: The lab sections will meet this Wednesday. And the (reading) assignment for Thursday is posted. (See the "Assignments" link above.)