Math 114: Math for Elementary Teachers II
- George Avrunin
- LGRT 1335D
- Office hours:
- Mondays, 3-4; Wednesdays 2:30-3:30, Fridays 10:30-11:30, and by appointment. You're also always welcome to look for me in my office; if I'm there and not busy, I'll be happy to talk to you and if I am busy, we can make an appointment for another time. (Note that I will probably need to make occasional changes in my office hour schedule during the semester. I will announce any such changes here and in class.)
- Class meetings:
- TuTh 2:30-3:45 in ILC N101.
- Required textbook:
- Sybilla Beckmann, Mathematics for Elementary Teachers with Activities, Fifth edition. (You do need the fifth edition.)
- February 11: I have to cancel my office hour today. I will be in my office most of the time between 11 and 1 if you want to talk to me today, or you can send email to make an appointment.
- January 31: I have set regular office hours; see above.
- January 22: The first (reading) assignment is posted. See the Assignments link above. Also, the Deborah Ball paper on Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching is available from the Resources link above.